CAW FAST FACTS 10.15.2009
- Part of the Naval Postgraduate School - National Security Institute
- Located in Southern California at Naval Base Ventura County - Point Mugu
- Established in October 1999
Major Assets :
- CAW-1 85' Fast Patrol Boat
-Modeling and Simulation Center
-Asymmetric Warfare Integration Center
- Federal Programs Domestic and International
- Regional Exercises Programs
- Littoral Dominance, COE
- Assessment and Training
- Testing and Evaluation
- Exercises and Experimentation
- Education and Research
- Exercises involving 12 states, 8 countries, and 7 protectorates in Micronesia
- Training and Exercises in all Navy regions, CONUS and OCONUS
-USPACOM, U.S. Navy, USARPAC, NGO's, DOT, FBI, and Local Municipalites
FY 2009 Projects Include:
- COASTAL TRIDENT: A port security and EOC exercise in Port Hueneme, CA.
-CARE-09: An agro-terrorism exercise in Monterey and Ventura Counties, CA.
- STAR-09: A school hostage exercise in Los Angeles, CA.
- KOH-09: A port exercise at Honolulu Harbor and Hilo, Hawaii.
- CNIC: Training, exercise, and readiness program, CONUS, OCONUS.
- NAVY: Special Warfare Assessments, Africa
- Vietnam: Assessment and Training
- DCO: Blue Pacific, Disaster Preparedness Hurricane, Honolulu, Hawaii.
For more information on CAW, visit http://www.cawnps.org/